2013年2月5日 星期二

Zomb X Classical art T-shirt


Zomb X Classical Art T-shirt
While I was browsing the street wear design websites, there was one article that caught my eye, a designer who put Classical Art prints on T-shirt, which I thought it was genius. Classical arts have been relevant for centuries, but who would ever thought of wearing them instead of hanging them on the wall?  
Not only the Classical arts, they have took many other patterns like the Thailand four face Buddha, India’s religious elephant, roses etc. as their inspiration. They also repeated the patterns at the right places, which the T-shirt looks more interesting and unique.
Then later on I thought about the color fading collage that I have been working on, if I take the pattern as the print of the fabric, I could actually do a collection from that, which I thought it would be worth trying after my AP project.

2 則留言:

  1. I would LOVE to get one of those t-shirts! they just look so cool, not only that it made new uses to the old masters' works/ancient masterpieces, the moment i looked at the t-shirt the prints on the shirt automatically pops out at me. I almost thought the painted architecture, flowers, people are physically placed on the t-shirts. "Wow they sure look heavy to wear", I thought (laughs).

    回覆刪除
  2. When I saw the first picture, I really thought it was just a photograph that was cropped into the shape of a T shirt, because it looked so real. I also agree with you that the shirt patterns are cropped at interesting places, and they contribute to the unity of the design. However, I don't think I would wear any of them in public, ever. Except the first one.

    回覆刪除