2013年2月20日 星期三

Astrid Anderson


Astrid Anderson




Astrid Anderson is a street wear in the luxury end Danish designer, who I thought is the most talented up rising designer that I look up to, I like almost every of her designs, which it can been worn unisex. Colors she uses are simple, even similar materials, but the texture and the color correspond to each other, even though it’s street wear, it doesn’t give you a feeling of not classy or inappropriate for any occasions. It’s the details and overall feel to her quality of design that attracts me; with out being common or extremely odd, those are practical pieces with a design edge. She graduated in Royal College of Art MA course in London, being the best of her class, she soon being spotted on her graduation show and received a huge acclaim from the industry and starting her own label. In 2010 she was a finalist in ITS Nine as well as being nominated as Talent 2010 by Italian Vogue; it is rare that street wear can be at the high fashion luxurious end, which I though it’s pretty amazing. She also won the Brioni Creativity and Innovation Award and the River Island MA student Bursary Award designing 3 looks for the high street retailer. Now she works in both London and Copenhagen, which both cities gives her different inspirations, which I think it’s also amazing to work in the cities you like and inspired to, doing the job you adore, be with the people you love; that’s like the best thing a person can have I thought. Initially I found her brand by looking at her work being worn on Rocky ASAP, which I thought the presentation, was edgy and not cliché like the ordinary street wear we seeing everyday. Entering her website, the basketball net made from chain looked amazing and I knew straight after that I would love her works, not making clothes, but also making artworks in the industry bring in fresh ideas.

2 則留言:

  1. Even though her designs seem a bit weird, it actually looks ideal when it is worn on a person. I think Anderson is going for the practical direction in designing clothes so it is not just an expression of artistic sense. I have to admit though that I'm not really attracted to her work.

    回覆刪除
  2. Anderson's ideas are quite interesting but i think it is probably not the clothing i would wear. I guess for the fashion industry's sake, we need these innovation young artists to create clothing that are seemingly crazy and difficult to understand in order to further inspire people to not be afraid of what they like or showing off themselves. Same as Sam, i don't think i am a fan of these clothing, but the firemen-like coat does seem quite protective and warm, oh yes and fire proof.

    回覆刪除